Issue 1, October 1987, Mad Dog ($2.00)
“Eggsucker” / “A Boy And His Dog” Part One
adaptation, Harlan Ellison; art & cover, Richard Corben;
lettering, Diane Valentino; logo, Diane Valentino & Kevin Nowlan; editor, Jan Strnad
The two-issue black-&-white series Vic and Blood adapts the three “Vic and Blood” stories (“Eggsucker,” “A Boy And His Dog,” and “Run, Spot, Run”) that Harlan Ellison had written at the time. These three stories are three parts of a novel Ellison has said he would write about Vic and Blood (Blood’s A Rover). “A Boy And His Dog” adapted into the film A Boy And His Dog (1975) directed by L.Q. Jones and starring Don Johnson.
“A Boy And His Dog” is continued in Vic And Blood #2. Both issues of the series were reprinted in color in the NBM volume Vic and Blood (1989) and the iBooks collection Vic And Blood: The Continuing Adventures of A Boy and His Dog (2003).
- “Eggsucker” first appeared in Ariel: The Book of Fantasy #2, 1977
- “A Boy And His Dog” first appeared in New Worlds, April ’69 and has been included in the following collections: The Beast That Shouted Love at the Heart of the World, 1969; The Essential Ellison, 1987; and Edgeworks 4, 1997
- Reprinted in Vic and Blood, NBM, 1989
- Reprinted in Vic And Blood: The Continuing Adventures of A Boy and His Dog, iBooks, 2003
- Ariel: The Book of Fantasy #2
- Vic and Blood #2
- Vic and Blood (NBM, 1989)
- Vic And Blood: The Continuing Adventures of A Boy and His Dog (iBooks, 2003)